- Remains of more than 200 children found at Indigenous school in Canada
- Who is hiring for diversity today?
- $3,840 Smart Shoe Helps Blind, Visually Impaired People With Its Ultrasonic Sensors That Avoid Obstacles
- ‘Woman In Motion’ Showcases The Trailblazing Star Who Brought Diversity To Outer Space
- Racial discrimination still rife in UK businesses, study finds
- LCBO director of talent: ‘This year is all about inclusion’
Diversity & Inclusion news: Canada – Indigenous
Remains of more than 200 children found at Indigenous school in Canada
215 children’s remains have been discovered at one of what was once Canada’s largest Indigenous residential schools in British Columbia, Canada. This was never documented. For more than 170 years, more than 150,000 First Nations children were forced to separate from their families to be put in residential schools, in programs to assimilate them into Canadian society. Here is what residential school survivors say about their experiences and the lasting impact on their lives.
- Principal/Sr. Principal Manufacturing Engineer at Northrop Grumman (Philadelphia,US)
- Principal Engineer Software – Top Secret at Northrop Grumman (Palmdale,US)
- SURGICAL PRACTICE ASSISTANT at LifeBridge Health (Owings Mills,US)
- REGISTERED NURSE I – Medical Transition Unit at LifeBridge Health (Baltimore,US)
- ED CARE COORDINATOR (RN) at LifeBridge Health (Randallstown,US)
- CENTRAL STER TECH ll at LifeBridge Health (Baltimore,US)
- ASSISTANT NURSE MANAGER-LABOR & DELIVERY at LifeBridge Health (Baltimore,US)
Diversity & Inclusion news: Austria – People with Disabilities
$3,840 Smart Shoe Helps Blind, Visually Impaired People With Its Ultrasonic Sensors That Avoid Obstacles
Austrian scientists have invented smart shoes called InnoMake to help elderly, blind and visually impaired people avoid obstacles. These smart shoes have ultrasonic sensors at the tip which send vibrations or make noises when obstacles are detected up to 13 feet (4 meters) in front of a person.
Here is the Complete Guide to Disabilities: Types of Disability list, the latest disability statistics, benefits, and how to create/promote diverse and inclusive workplace, classroom, and society.
Diversity & Inclusion news: USA – BIPOC and Women
‘Woman In Motion’ Showcases The Trailblazing Star Who Brought Diversity To Outer Space
To all the Star Trek fans out there! On June 3rd, a documentary will debut on Paramount+ – Woman in Motion: Nichelle Nichols, Star Trek and the Remaking of NASA. The 400-page report that Nichols wrote for NASA and her outreach tours have brought the most diverse group of scientists, engineers and astronauts (over 8000) in NASA’s history, and set the visionary foundation for the program.
Diversity & Inclusion news: World – Vaccine Equity
It has been over one year since the world pandemic started sweeping across the globe. The World Health Organization (WHO) made a call for action to countries to collectively fight the pandemic, lack of supply and inequitable distribution of vaccines in order to see light for global recovery. #VaccinEquity #COVAX
Diversity & Inclusion news: UK – Racial Discrimination in Workplace
Racial discrimination still rife in UK businesses, study finds
According to ‘The Equity Effect’ report by Henley Business School, businesses that actively implement measures to confront racism and inequity can see improvement in revenue, employee job satisfaction, creativity and loyalty – all creating values for the businesses. However, some fundamental issues still exist when it comes to eliminating racism in the workplace. Yahoo Finance tells us more.
What is racial discrimination? What are the social and economic impacts of Racism culturally, socially, economically, and politically?
Diversity & Inclusion news: Australia – Inclusion in HR
LCBO director of talent: ‘This year is all about inclusion’
With more vaccines become available, some parts of the world are beginning to start planning for “post-pandemic”. LCBO Director of Talent Management, Siobhan Calderbank, shares with us some of her 2021 predictions for the future of HR.