- To Make Real Progress on D&I, Move Past Vanity Metrics
- More than half of Indigenous Australians are experiencing racism in the workplace
- Catholic bishops to send Indigenous delegation to meet Pope Francis on residential schools
- University of Reading pledges action on racism
- Research: How Cultural Differences Can Impact Global Teams
- Air quality improved during India lockdown, study shows
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion news: USA – DE&I Metrics
To Make Real Progress on D&I, Move Past Vanity Metrics
How many organizations out there are simply ticking the box with their DEI Program? To bring real change, organizations must utilize data to analyze the gaps and needs. Identify data gaps, track leading indicators on inclusion, confront the brutal facts and share them transparently. Harvard Business Review shows us how.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion news: Australia – Indigenous
More than half of Indigenous Australians are experiencing racism in the workplace
It has been reported that 59% of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workers have experienced racism based on their appearance and up to one-third feels their workplace is culturally unsafe. What systemic racism and discrimination are there in the workplaces?
- Subway Sandwich Artist at Subway | Forward Corporation (Clio,US)
- Subway Sandwich Artist at Subway | Forward Corporation (Saginaw,US)
- Customer Experience Coordinator – PT at The TJX Companies, Inc. (Nashville,US)
- 70120-Merchandise Associate at The TJX Companies, Inc. (San Diego,US)
- Merchandise Associate at The TJX Companies, Inc. (Burbank,US)
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion news: Canada – Indigenous
Catholic bishops to send Indigenous delegation to meet Pope Francis on residential schools
In the history of Canada, 150,000 First Nations, Metis and Inuit children were forced to separate from their families and communities to attend residential schools – where research has shown at least 4,100 died in the schools amid neglect. The national assembly of Catholic bishops in Canada is planning a visit for a delegation of Indigenous people to meet with Pope Francis at the Vatican.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion news: United Kingdom – Higher Education
University of Reading pledges action on racism
Staff and students at the University of Reading participated in a survey and the Race Equality Review detailed 20 recommendations to make the university a more diverse, inclusive and equitable place for all. It’s been found that staff and students underestimate or are unaware of the challenges faced by BAME staff and students.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion news: World – Cultural Diversity
Research: How Cultural Differences Can Impact Global Teams
How does Diversity come into play in this era of global virtual work setting? What are the Challenges and Benefits of Geographic Diversity? What does this mean for Managers? Harvard Business Review explains.
Sustainability news: Air Quality during the pandemic
Air quality improved during India lockdown, study shows
Scientists from University of Southampton (UK) and the Central University of Jharkhand (India) have done a research, which shows air quality improved during the first COVID-19 lockdown in India, and land surface temperature dropped in major urban areas across the country. Science Daily tells us more.
Everything starts with education. Here are the Best Environmental Sustainability, Climate-Change Books for Kids Age 2-10.