- Highlights from our Important Diversity & Cultural Calendar and Events
- Hiring BIPOC as a Strategy?
- Job Cast: Beat the Bias – Racial Discrimination in the Hiring Process
- Fostering belonging through workforce diversity and inclusion
- Business Schools With High Rates of Racial Minorities
- The OUTstanding Top 50 LGBT+ Ally Executives in 2020
- The UK Government Analysis Function D&I Strategy launched in February 2021
Diversity & Cultural Celebration Dates this week
Highlights from our Important Diversity & Cultural Calendar and Events
- Asian-American Women’s Equal Pay Day
- International Day of Women and Girls in Science
- Lunar New Year (Chinese New Year)
- Have a Heart Day
- Pink Triangle Day
- St. Valentine’s Day
- Birthday of Frederick Douglass
Learn more about the backgrounds of these dates in Diversity Social’s Diversity & Cultural Calendar and Events!
Diversity & Inclusion Strategy: BIPOC – Simply Hiring Diverse Talents Doesn’t Mean You’re Creating an Inclusive Culture
In pursuit of living up to anti-racist pledges, many companies have prioritized hiring “diverse” talent to increase the representation of Black employees. But this “quick fix” for racial equity doesn’t actually create an environment that’s actually inclusive of people of color. Language is one part of the problem. The term “diverse” erases individuals’ racial, gender, and disability characteristics, and it can result in “othering” the very people you want to include. Fostering an inclusive culture requires not only getting the language right, but also seeking education about racial inequity, measuring more categories of race, and valuing inclusion in hiring, feedback, performance reviews, and promotions.
Check out these Best Diversity & Inclusion Quotes!
Diversity & Inclusion news: Free Training by Indeed – Feb 17th
Date: Wednesday, February 17, 2021
Time: 12:30–1:30 pm PT | 2:30–3:30 pm CT | 3:30–4:30 pm ET
While employers are responsible for following applicable anti-discrimination laws and critiquing their hiring processes to remove bias, there are steps you can take as a job applicant as well.
In this virtual workshop, we will uncover the types of bias you may encounter, and discuss tips to help reduce potential racial bias during your job search.
- Understand bias and how it may impact the hiring process
- Find ways to identify diverse and inclusive workplaces
- Learn how to respond when you encounter bias during your job search
Diversity & Inclusion news: Create a competitive advantage for your company
What is Diversity, Equity and Inclusion? Why is it important in the workplace? What are the benefits of diversity and inclusion in the workplace? How to take action to accomplish your D&I goals?
Diversity & Inclusion news: Education
Some racial and ethnic backgrounds are less common among U.S. MBA students than within the U.S. general population. African Americans, biracial individuals, Hispanics, Native Americans and Pacific Islanders are underrepresented at many U.S. business schools. However, this is not true at all B-schools. There are some MBA programs where a majority of the enrolled students qualify as underrepresented minorities.
Diversity & Inclusion news: LGBTQ2+
The 2020 OUTstanding LGBT+ Role Model Lists, supported by Yahoo Finance, highlight role models for others to follow when it comes to being out and proud at work, driving positive change in the office, or supporting your LGBT+ colleagues.
- 1) Greg Case, CEO, Aon
- 2) Jimmy Etheredge, CEO, North America, Accenture
- 3) Seiji Yasubuchi, Representative Director, President and Chief Executive Officer, AXA Life Japan
- 4) Seema Bansal, Partner and Director, BCG
- 5) Marc Pritchard, Chief Brand Officer, Procter & Gamble
- 6) Carol Ward, COO, Man GLG, Man Group
- 7) Peter T. Grauer, Chairman, Bloomberg
- 8) Jean-Laurent Bonnafé, Director and Chief Executive Officer, BNP Paribas
- 9) Caroline Griffin Pain, General Counsel, Colt Technology Services
- 10) Amy Wilson, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, Dow
Diversity & Inclusion news: Government
People are central to the success of the Government Analysis Function. Diversity is a strength and it’s vital that all analysts feel able to bring their authentic self to work, safe in the knowledge that diverse perspectives and experiences are both valued and respected.
Take a look at how the UK government is taking actions.
Here’s how you can Create Authentic Workplace Diversity.