- Tokyo 2020: Olympic medals made from old smartphones, laptops
- What is Emancipation Day — August 1st?
- Greater Manchester Police branded ‘institutionally racist’
- Driving Diversity: How business leaders can spur workplace change
- Australia said it was going to collect diversity data with COVID-19 vaccinations and positive tests. But is it?
Sustainability and Green news: Olympic medals
Tokyo 2020: Olympic medals made from old smartphones, laptops
The Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (Tokyo 2020) and citizens of Japan collected small electronic devices such as used mobile phones from all over Japan to manufacture the medals.
Here are five things to know about the world’s number 1 ranked decathlete – Damian Warner (Canada).
Today’s Social Impact Jobs for Diversity and Environmental Sustainability
- Inclusion & Diversity Director, Global Retail
- Host, Million Bazillion, Marketplace
- Program Assessment Specialist
- Lecturer/Assistant Professor, Department of Design
- Specialist, Energy & Sustainability
- COUNSELING SERVICES COORDINATOR
- Engineering Professional Internships, Fall 2022
- SOCIAL WORKER (FULL-TIME, DAY SHIFTS) – $5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion news: Canada – BIPOC
What is Emancipation Day — August 1st?
Did you know that Black and Indigenous Peoples were once enslaved in Canada? On March 24, 2021, the Government of Canada officially designated August 1st as Emancipation Day. On August 1, 1834, slavery was abolished across the British Empire. CBC tells the story.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion news: UK – Government
Greater Manchester Police branded ‘institutionally racist’
Greater Manchester Mayor Andy Burnham commissioned the 2021 Achieving Race Equality Report which examined the use of police powers across different groups. The report found that black people were four times more likely to have force used against them in comparison to white people. BBC explains.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion news: USA – Workplace
Driving Diversity: How business leaders can spur workplace change
A study shows that small businesses owners with employees are actively trying to increase the diversity of their workforce, particularly among younger small business owners aged 18-45. Yahoo Finance explains how.
Which Universities, Colleges, & Higher Ed Organizations are hiring now?
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion news: Australia – Diversity Data
Australia said it was going to collect diversity data with COVID-19 vaccinations and positive tests. But is it?
In the US, UK and Canada, diversity data has shown certain ethnic groups are particularly vulnerable to COVID-19, informing specialized public health responses. Victoria is the only state in Australia recording data about ethnicity as part of the COVID-19 vaccination rollout, which some experts argue is vital to understanding the impacts of the pandemic on different communities. ABC News explains.